Beginning in October, the month devoted to the Holy Rosary, All Saints Catholic School families are once again invited to renew their devotion to Jesus through Mary in a special way. On Friday, October 7th, after being blessed at the school Mass, two statues of Our Lady of Fatima will begin traveling to the homes of our school families for week-long visits.
Families who wish to participate can sign up online at: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/20F084CAEAB22A02-pilgrim.
While the statue of the Blessed Mother is in the home, families are encouraged to pray together either part of or the entire 5-decade rosary for the intentions of our school as well as for their private intentions. Included with the statue is a DVD of “The Day the Sun Danced”, which presents the message of Fatima entrusted to three peasant children in Portugal in 1917.
To create awareness about the program, the two statues began traveling from classroom to classroom earlier this week. In addition to informing the students of the opportunity to host one of the statues in their home, the teachers are leading the students in praying a novena that will conclude on October 6th, one day prior to the start of the program.
Should you have any questions or would like more information, please contact the rotation coordinator, Mrs. Julie Mantooth (email@example.com).
Installation of SCA Officers & Representatives
Our newly elected officers and class representatives were recently welcomed into the Student Council Association of All Saints Catholic School. Mrs. Jennifer Bigelow, Superintendent of Schools, was the keynote speaker offering insights on the importance of servant leadership and referencing her own experience as Commissioner of Religious Activities while a 7th grader! We congratulate the following students and wish them every success and blessing as they begin their year of student leadership!
|Vice President||Abigail Yelvington|
|Religious Activities||Lily Feltman|
|School Spirit||Christina Santiago|
Class Representatives: Emma Kate Coleman (4A), John Karcher (4B), Camden Short (5A), Madelyn Woolfrey (5B), Hailey Reddington (6A), Brian Varghese (6B), Sabrina Yap (7A), Arianna Delgado (7B), Sophia Parada (8A), Peter Tessier (8B)
8th Grade Parents Meeting (Monday, October 17th)
Mrs. Slovenkay and Mrs. Kessinger will host a meeting for all 8th grade parents on Monday, October 17thbeginning at 7:00 p.m. in the Art Room. Important information will be shared regarding the high school application process and the special events & activities that are part of the 8th grade experience at All Saints. At least one parent from each 8th grade family is asked to attend this important session.
All Saints PTO Casino & Auction Night 2016
November 19, 2016 @ 6PM
There’s only ONE WEEK left for you to get your Casino & Auction tickets at the early bird price of $35.00! AfterOctober 3rd they will go up to $40.00.
Just SOME of the great things we have so far that you can bid on if you attend the Casino & Auction night:
- Two tickets for Opening Night at Arena Stage for the performance of Watch on the Rhine staring Golden Globe winner Marsha Mason, celebratory post-show wine & dessert reception with the cast and crew and valet parking
- Autographed John Wall photograph directly from the Washington Wizards
- Will and Testament Preparation by Dan Harvill, PLLC
- 4 admission tickets to George Washington Mount Vernon
Thank you to all that have already donated tickets, services and items! We are always looking to add great donations to this exciting night. If you’re not sure what you have is what we are looking for, please feel free to send any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are also in need of volunteers, especially for the classroom items. So if you have a knack for crafty projects or are happy to help but can’t think of an idea, please sign-up on HelpCounter or send questions to JohannaCatts at email@example.com.
To purchase tickets online: https://www.mkt.com/all-saints-catholic-church
Thursday, September 29th
- Feast of the Archangels Mass (8:30 a.m.)
Friday, September 30th
- Confessions – 6A (9:15 a.m.) & 6B (9:45 a.m.)
- 1st Quarter Interims
Monday, October 3rd
- Spirit Week – Jeans & Jerseys
- Confessions – 7A (9:30 a.m.) & 7B (9:45 a.m.)
Tuesday, October 4th
- Spirit Week – Buddy Day
- Official Photo Shoot – A representative from the Office of Catholic Schools and a professional photographer will visit our school for an official photo shoot for marketing purposes.
- Confessions – 8A (9:15 a.m.) & 8B (9:45 a.m.)
- St. Francis Feast Day Blessing of the Animals (Courtyard/3:45-4:15 p.m.)
Wednesday, October 5th
- Spirit Week – Generation Day (60’s, 70’s, 80’s & 90’s)
- Gift of Human Sexuality Parent Meeting (PAC/7:00 p.m.)
Thursday, October 6th
- Spirit Week – Accessory Day
Friday, October 7th
- Spirit Week – Chick-fil-A Day for Class Raffle Winner
- School Mass & Blessing of Pilgrim Virgin Statues (8:30 a.m.)