All Saints join schools across our country in celebrating Catholic Schools Week, an annual opportunity to highlight our heritage and distinct mission. The theme selected for this year is Catholic Schools ~ Communities of Faith, Knowledge and Service. At All Saints, this is exactly the type of community we cultivate each day. With a commitment to academic excellence and more importantly, faith formation and character development, the faculty, staff, clergy and parents are united in their efforts to provide our children with a life-changing educational experience.
During Catholic Schools Week, we pause to give thanks for the gift of Catholic education and the many blessings we share as members of the All Saints community. The following is a list of special activities planned for the weeklong celebration.
- Sunday, January 31 – Saturday/Sunday Mass ~ All students are encouraged to wear their school uniform to Mass this weekend.
- Monday, February 1 – Vocation Day ~ Previously recorded video testimonies from our parish priests will be shared with the students via the classroom ACTIV Boards. Students will hear about the importance of praying for vocations and how to discern their own call.
- Tuesday, February 2 – Staff Appreciation Day ~ Teachers and students will work together to show their appreciation for members of the staff.
- Wednesday, February 3 – Priest Appreciation Day ~ Students will offer special prayers and spiritual bouquets for our parish priests. Religion Bee for Grades 3-8 at 12:45 p.m. in the Parish Activity Center.
- Thursday, February 4 – Student Appreciation Day ~ Dress Down Day, Free Ice Cream at Lunch and No Homework.
- Friday, February 5 – Teacher Appreciation Day ~ Students will prepare small gifts for their teacher with the assistance of the Room Liaisons. School Mass and Virtues Ceremony (8:30 a.m.) Faculty & Staff Luncheon, hosted by the PTO, following Noon Dismissal.