Saint Teresa of Calcutta reminds us “if you cannot feed one hundred people, then just feed one”. Although structured differently this year, All Saints Catholic School will once again partner with the Bethany Food Pantry in collecting food items to provide families in need with a Thanksgiving meal. Working closely with the food pantry, we have determined a safe way to collect food items that encourages participation while maintaining the health and safety of our school community.
On Wednesday, November 18 and Thursday, November 19, students may participate in our annual Thanksgiving Food Drive by placing food items in bins that will be located outside during morning arrival in both the front and back carpool areas. Students who participate all virtually are invited to participate on either of these days and may drop off items on either day, in either location.
In an effort to balance the type of food the pantry is seeking, we have assigned the following grade level items:
- Kindergarten – 1 5-pound bag of white potatoes
- 1st Grade – 1 5-pound bag of white potatoes
- 2nd Grade – 1 5-pound bag of sweet potatoes
- 3rd Grade – 1 5-pound bag of sweet potatoes
- 4th Grade – 3 bunches of celery
- 5th Grade – 2 3-pound bags of onions
- 6th Grade – 2 3-pound bags of onions
- 7th Grade – 3 1-pound bags of carrots
- 8th Grade – 3 1-pound bags of carrots
Thank you for your generosity in ensuring that many families in need
throughout our community enjoy a beautiful Thanksgiving meal.