Welcome to Mrs. Feltman’s Class
Dear K-1 Fish & Parents,
We are starting to wind down the school year, with only a few weeks to go. During these last few weeks we will be doing a lot of review in all subject areas. This week we have a fun week, with our Field Trip to Roer’s Zoofari on Tuesday and Field Day on Friday. More information will be coming for both events. We will start Measurement in Math this week, so be looking for a fun measuring project for homework. We will also wrap up our Mysteries of the Rosary this week and send our rosaries home. We will be working on end of the year projects too. We will have Spelling this week with a variety of review words. With such choppy weeks, we feel that the children will benefit from a review. We will also continue our little book reports for another two weeks. Please see the schedule and important reminders below for when we return. Have a great weekend! As always, if you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to email me at email@example.com.
Thank you for choosing All Saints Catholic School!
Mrs. Feltman & Mrs. Brown
- Reading/Language Arts: Book Reports, Spelling, Review of all Alpha Friends
- Math: Chapter 11 – Measurement
- Religion: The Mysteries of the Rosary; learning a decade of the rosary
- Social Studies/Science: Animals; Sea life
- Sight Words: I, a, see, my, like, to, at, and, go, an, is, the, here, for, have, said, play, he, she, are
- Word Family Words: at (cat, bat, mat, sat, rat, etc.); an (can, ran, tan, van, etc.); it (bit, fit, hit, lit, etc.); in (bin, fin, pin, sin, etc.); ig (big, dig, fig, pig, etc.); og (dog, fog, hog, etc.); ox (box, fox, etc.); op (hop, mop, top, etc.); et (wet, pet, get, etc.); en (den, pen, ten, etc.)
Homework is to reinforce what we are learning in the classroom. Homework will typically be Monday-Thursday nights and all homework (unless indicated) should be done in pencil. Please let me know of any questions or concerns regarding homework. Homework will be as follows:
- Monday – Spelling
- Tuesday – None
- Wednesday – Spelling; Math Measuring
- Thursday – None
Below are the spelling groups and the words the children will need to know for this week. The spelling test will be on Fridays. There will be one sight word or one challenge word each week as well.
- Clown Fish – cat, ran, kit, fig, not, pet, bug
- Angel Fish – math, stop, that, ship, church, pup, school
- Tiger Fish – math, stop, that, ship, church, pup, school
- Rainbow Fish – bring, stamp, king, plant, drink, blend, flop
- Sentence – I like to read books in K1.
- Blue folders come home on Fridays! Please be sure to look inside for your child’s weekly work and other information!
- Please pack your child one healthy snack and water bottle every day (even on noon dismissal days).
- Tuesday, May 21st is our FIELD TRIP to Roer’s Zoofari. Please have your child be on time!!
- Mass will be on Wednesday, May 22nd at 8:30 am. All are welcome!
- Friday, May 24th is FIELD DAY! Our day is from 9:00-1:00 with Extended Day services available beginning at 1:00 pm (afternoon only). More information coming!
- Monday, May 27th is the Memorial Day Holiday! Enjoy the three day weekend!
- Save the Dates!!! Tuesday, June 11th will be our Kindergarten Luau! Wednesday, June 12th will be our Kindergarten Graduation (at 10:00 am in the church)! More details coming about both events!! 🙂
- Monday: Library (10:20 am – 10:55 am)
- Tuesday: PE (11:30 am – 12:00 pm)
- Wednesday: Art (11:30 am – 12:15 pm)
- Thursday: PE (11:00 am – 11:30 am)
- Friday: Music (9:30 am – 10:15 am)