Welcome to Mrs. Feltman’s Class
Dear K-1 Fish & Parents,
We had a very busy week in K1 and learned about winter animals! This is perfect timing as we may get some winter weather this weekend!! 🙂 We hope that you enjoy the mitten craft that the children did – have them retell the story to you! We are doing very well in Math and the children seem to easily get the concept of tally marks and graphing. We will continue with these concepts into next week. In Science we enjoyed learning about hibernation and which winter animals hibernate. We also made some special snowmen for our bulletin board. Our saint of the month is St. Bernadette and our virtue is fortitude. We are starting to form little reading groups and will dive a bit more into Reader’s Workshop which stems from the Units of Study, our new Reading program. The children are very excited to work together to retell stories. Enjoy the weekend and as always, if you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to email me at email@example.com.
Thank you for choosing All Saints Catholic School!
Mrs. Feltman & Mrs. Brown
- Reading/Language Arts: Review; Mini Lesson and Journal drawing/writing
- Math: Chapter 6 – Tally Marks and Graphing; begin fractions (half only)
- Religion: Virtue of Fortitude; St. Bernadette
- Social Studies/Science: Winter animals; Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Sight Words: I, a, see, my, like, to, at, and, go, an
- Word Family Words: at (cat, bat, mat, sat, rat, etc.); an (can, ran, tan, van, etc.)
Homework is to reinforce what we are learning in the classroom. Homework will typically be Monday-Thursday nights and all homework (unless indicated) should be done in pencil. Please let me know of any questions or concerns regarding homework. Homework will be as follows:
- Monday – Handwriting review
- Tuesday – Math
- Wednesday – Math
- Thursday – Read for 5 minutes with your child; have them read to you for 5 minutes or if they are ready, read alone for 10 minutes
- Blue folders come home on Fridays! Please be sure to look inside for your child’s weekly work and other information!
- Please pack your child one healthy snack and water bottle every day (even on noon dismissal days).
- Mass will be on Friday, January 18, 2019 at 8:30 am – all are welcome. Boys should be in ties.
- Please keep in mind that in the case of inclement weather we follow the decision of Prince William County Public Schools.
- Monday: Library (10:20 am – 10:55 am)
- Tuesday: PE (11:30 am – 12:00 pm)
- Wednesday: Art (11:30 am – 12:15 pm)
- Thursday: PE (11:00 am – 11:30 am)
- Friday: Music (9:30 am – 10:15 am)