Beginning on Sunday, January 29, All Saints will celebrate Catholic Schools Week, an annual opportunity to join with schools across our nation in highlighting the distinct mission of Catholic education.
The following is a schedule of activities planned for the week.
Sunday (January 29) – Celebrating our PARISH
- Students are encouraged to attend Mass at All Saints in their winter school uniforms
Monday (January 30) – Celebrating our COMMUNITY
- Students are invited to donate peanut butter (Grades 6-8) and jelly (Grades PreK-5) for St. Lucy’s Food Pantry (Catholic Charities)
- Students in Grades PreK-3 will complete an “I Love All Saints Catholic School” worksheet to be displayed throughout the school
- Dress Down Day for students
Tuesday (January 31) – Celebrating our STUDENTS
- Open House for Prospective Parents (PAC/9:00 a.m.)
- Students will exchange cards with their Prayer Buddies
- Special snack, extra recess, and no homework!
Wednesday (February 1) – Celebrating our NATION
- Catholic Cup Competition for Grades 4-8 (PAC/8:30 a.m.)
- Students in Grades 4-8 will make cards to be sent overseas to troops
- Students in Grades 3-5 will research a saint from America and share with the class what they learn. In Grades PreK-2, teachers will read about an American saint or complete a related activity with their students.
Thursday (February 2) – Celebrating VOCATIONS
- School Mass (8:30 a.m.)
- Students will make spiritual bouquets for the priests and parish staff to thank them for their support of and participation in our Catholic school
- Students will view recorded 7th grade student interviews of Fr. Daniel and a FOCUS Missionary regarding their vocations
- PTO sponsored Faculty and Staff Luncheon
Friday (February 3) Celebrating our FACULTY, STAFF, VOLUNTEERS
- Feast of St. Blaise – Blessing of Throats
- Students will make spiritual bouquets for the maintenance and cafeteria staff to thank them for their support of and participation in our Catholic school
- Celebration Station delivery to faculty and staff by SCA students
- Special surprise for parents to thank them for choosing to send their children to All Saints
- Noon Dismissal
As we finalize our preparations for Catholic Schools Week, I wish to thank you for the trust that you continue to place in our school and for your partnership with us. We are so pleased that you have chosen to give your child/ren the gift of a Catholic education and delighted that you are part of our All Saints community!