October is a time during which we emphasize the fundamental dignity of every human life, regardless of age or circumstance. It is a time during which we renew our commitment to lives of service rooted in the recognition that each person, created in the very image and likeness of God, is sacred and that every life is a treasure of immeasurable worth.
In recognition of Respect Life Month, both this week and next the teachers will be sharing this message with our students and encouraging their participation in several activities.
Within religion classes, students will be invited to bring to school two or more pictures that convey respect for life cut from a magazine or newspaper. These will be assembled into a collage in the classrooms and posted on the doors for visitors and students to view as they walk through the school.
Each grade level will also spiritually adopt one local agency that provides services and assistance to individuals in our community. Additionally, each grade level will host a discussion to determine whether the students would like to take up a monetary collection or donate specific items to benefit the specific charity. Through this direct outreach and prayer commitment, our students will learn about how our Church and community are each day affirming the life and dignity of individuals in need of our care.
The following is a list of the organizations and ministries that our students will “adopt” through the remainder of this month.
- Saint Vincent de Paul (Pre-Kindergarten)
- Saint Lucy Project (Kindergarten)
- Birthright (1st Grade)
- Gabriel Homes (2nd Grade)
- Saint Margaret of Cortona (3rd Grade)
- Arbor Terrace at Sudley Manor (4th Grade)
- Gabriel Project (5th Grade)
- Divine Mercy Care (6th Grade)
- Birmingham Green (7th Grade)
- House of Mercy (8th Grade)
I want to thank the members of the National Junior Honor Society for helping to organize these efforts and for designing three Respect Life bulletin boards in the school. Additionally, I also wish to extend a word of gratitude to Mrs. Fifield and Mrs. Barvick for their gracious assistance in researching ideas for a school-wide observance of Respect Life Month.
Veterans Day Celebration
Join us as our school community honors the commitment of the men and women who have served our country in the United States Armed Forces. We cordially invite all active duty, reserve, former and retired military personnel to attend our school Mass on Friday, November 11th at 8:30 a.m. Following the Mass, there will be a ceremony in the Parish Activity Center and a reception for our honored guests in Father Kelley Hall.
Penny Bazaar Cupcake Sale – Volunteers Needed!
Volunteers are needed to sell cupcakes and lemonade during the Penny Bazaar on October 31st. If you can offer any amount of time or cupcake donation for the event, please follow the link below. Thank you in advance!
Casino & Auction Night 2016
We are only ONE MONTH away from this fun and exciting night! Please make sure to get your tickets at the low price of $40.00 while you can. You can purchase your tickets online at https://www.mkt.com/all-saints-catholic-church or send in your ticket order form, along with raffle tickets, in with your child in an envelope marked “CASINO & AUCTION”.
Heads or Tails is BACK!
We added another opportunity for you to win a great prize at Casino & Auction Night. For those who haven’t played it before, you will purchase a bead necklace at the event for only $5.00/each or 3 for $12.00 in order to participate. There is no limit on bead purchases, so the more you buy the better your odds of winning are. The AWESOME prize for this game? A brand new Kindle Fire HD8!
For more information, please make sure to check out our event page on the official All Saints Catholic School Facebook page! https://www.facebook.com/events/1589442324685124/
Please keep a look out for updates of all the great items you can bid on and win at the Casino & Auction night. We cannot thank everyone enough for all of their incredible support for this event so far! We are always accepting items/services donations. We promise that there is something for everyone, so don’t miss out!
Catholic High School News
Saint John Paul the Great Catholic High School Invitations
- ‘Divine Mercy’ Movie Screening – All are invited to a special screening of the documentary ‘The Original Image of Divine Mercy: The Untold Story of an Unknown Masterpiece,’ at Saint John Paul the Great High School on Wednesday, November 2. Doors open at 6:30pm, film begins at 7:00pm. Free. The official trailer can be viewed at www.divinemercyfilm.com. Conclude the Year of Mercy by delving more deeply into the devotion beloved by Saint John Paul II. 703.445.0300.
- Basketball Tournament: Boys and girls in grades 6 – 12 are invited to play in our 3v3 tournament on Saturday, October 29. For more info, and to pre-register, please email:email@example.com
- OPEN HOUSE: Sunday, November 13, 1-4pm (Presentation at 1:15pm). The first 100 8th graders to pre-register receive a free t-shirt! For more info, please visit jpthegreat.org/admissions/visiting/open-house/
- SHADOW: 8th graders can be a Wolf for a Day! Please schedule your shadow visit today by visiting: jpthegreat.org/admissions/visiting/
- JP5K RUN for Options: Saturday, November 19, 2016. Supports the Options special education program. All are welcome! http://www.jpthegreat.org/about-us/the-family-association/jp5k-runwalk/
Classroom Activity Fee Reminder
Thank you to those families who have already submitted the Classroom Activity Fee.
If you have not already done so, please return your activity fee to your child’s homeroom teacher no later than Thursday, October 27th.
Sponsor an Ad
J.M. Gaske, Inc. is the company that prints free school calendars, directories, folders, excuse pads and calendar magnets. In order to provide these items to the school at no cost, they are looking for businesses to help underwrite the cost. If you would like to participate in the ad program, please complete the bottom portion of the form and return it to the school office, or call J.M. Gaske directly at (410)750-7700.
Sponsor Form: Business Advertising Form from J.M. Gaske Inc.
Thursday, October 20th
- Bishop Ireton 8th Grade Presentation (10:00 a.m.)
Sunday, October 23rd
- Spirit Event: Skate-N-Fun Zone (5:30-7:30 p.m.)
Tuesday, October 25th
- School Mass (8:30 a.m.)
Wednesday, October 26th
- Gift of Human Sexuality Presentation III (Grades 6-8)
- Title I Parent Meeting (FKH/7:00 p.m.)
Thursday, October 27th
- End of 1st Quarter
- 1st Grade Field Trip to the National Zoo
- Adoration & Benediction (2:15 p.m.)
- Middle School Activity Night (7:00 p.m.)
- 60th Anniversary Planning Committee (7:00 p.m.)
Friday, October 28th
- No School – Diocesan Professional Development Day
Saturday, October 29th
- VIRTUS Training (9:00 a.m.)