January 28, 2015
To begin our annual celebration of Catholic Schools Week, students from the middle school spoke briefly at the end of each of the weekend Masses. I was exceedingly proud of them and have heard numerous comments regarding their message, their poise and their speaking skills. Through their words and by their witness, they served as shining examples of the success of our program.
While greeting families and parishioners after the Masses, I had the wonderful opportunity to reconnect with former parents who proudly shared the success stories of their children and the paths they have taken since their years at All Saints. From a fighter pilot in training, to a budding architect, a business manager to a future nurse, our students continue to excel and to make a difference in their communities.
Beyond these accomplishments, it is the fact that so many of our alumni continue to embrace their Catholic faith that I find most inspiring. On her way out of church, a mother shared with me that her daughter, who graduated a number of years ago, makes an effort to attend Mass every Sunday. I could tell from her expression that she was deeply proud of the foundation that she and her husband in partnership with All Saints had provided for their daughter. And I was very proud as well.
While academic achievement is a hallmark of our school, it is the life-giving and life-changing experience of the Gospel lived in community that is our distinguishing characteristic. We exist in order to prepare students not only for life in this world, but life in the next…that all may be saints.
Thank you for choosing All Saints for your family! Happy Catholic Schools Week!
Long-Term Music Substitute Announced
Mrs. Nichole Reynolds, former music teacher at All Saints and Director of the Sunday Children’s Choir, will be returning to our program as a long-term substitute teacher when Mrs. Thompson takes leave beginning in March for the birth of her baby. With her years of experience in our school, Mrs. Reynolds will provide for a seamless transition during the final months of the school year.
We wish Mrs. Thompson and her husband blessings during this special time as they prepare for the birth of their little one.
8th Grade Confirmation & World Language Exam
Since our 8th grade students will receive the Sacrament of Confirmation on the evening of Monday, May 4th, the Diocesan World Language Exam (Spanish I exemption exam) will be administered on Wednesday, May 6th.
Science Fair Winners!
Congratulations to all of our middle school students on the successful completion of the Science Fair! Over the course of the past several months, our students have learned about the scientific process while gaining experience in the management of long-term projects as well as public speaking. Thank you, Mrs. Hammang and Mrs. Woolfrey, for leading our students through this complex process and for supporting them each step of the way. Thank you, Mrs. Crocker, for organizing countless details behind the scenes in support of a successful event. A complete listing of the Science Fair winners is linked to this week’s newsletter.
Open House for 2015-2016 School Year – February 12th
All Saints Catholic School will host an Open House for prospective parents on Thursday, February 12th beginning at 9:00 a.m. All parishioners and members of the community interested in learning more about the parish school are cordially invited to attend. Following a presentation and introduction at 9:00 a.m., tours of the facility will be provided. For more information, please contact Mrs. Joyce D’Eugenio, administrative assistant, at (703) 393-1490.
Volunteer Opportunity – Refreshments Needed
Volunteers are needed to provide refreshments for a diocesan sponsored meeting to be held at All Saints next Tuesday, February 3rd. If would like to volunteer please go to the following link to sign up:
BoxTops for Education
Let’s keep going! We got our first big check from BoxTops and we could earn another. As of 1/26, we have a total of 5,950 box tops collected. That adds up to another $595.00.
Packages with coupons and recipes are coming. Take advantage of the savings and keep clipping and submitting. Remember to put your child’s first/last name and the teachers name/grade level. Thank you for all you all submitted.
Paul VI Catholic High School – Invitation for 8th Grade Students
Please join us for pizza and basketball on Tuesday, February 3, 2015. This is a special opportunity to explore all the extra-curricular activities available for you at Paul VI Catholic High School. Representatives from our athletic teams, Fine Art’s Program and Student Government will be on hand to meet with you and share the PVI experience with you. See link below.
6:00 pm to 6:45 pm: Join PVI teachers, coaches and players from all of our athletic teams and Fine Arts Department for pizza and soda in our cafeteria. You will have ample time to ask questions and learn about the exciting world of PVI athletic teams, intramurals and Fine Arts.
7:00 pm: Join the VI Man and cheer on the varsity boys’ basketball in the Panther Activity Center (complimentary game tickets will be available for the students)
Parents and 8th graders should feel free to attend all or part of the evening. RSVP to email@example.com
Registration Schedule for 2015-2016
- Re-Registration for Current Families February 4-20, 2015
- Registration for New Students February 11-27, 2015
(Including siblings for Pre-K & K)
New Student Referral Program – Earn up to $400 in Tuition Credit!*
Many of our families initially hear about All Saints through a personal referral from an existing school family. With Open House events scheduled for Wednesday, January 14 and Thursday, February 12, we thought now would be the perfect time to remind you about our New Student Referral Program.
Through our New Student Referral Program, your family can receive a $200 tuition credit for referring one new family or a $400 tuition credit for referring two new families!
Here’s how it works:
- The New Student Referral Program is open to all parents or legal guardians with Pre-K through 8th grade students enrolled at All Saints, and teachers and staff from All Saints Catholic School.
- Tuition credit awards will be given for referring new families to the school. To qualify for the incentive, referred students cannot have a sibling currently or previously enrolled at All Saints, and the family cannot already be included in the All Saints Prospective Family Database.
- To qualify, referrals must be acknowledged during the initial contact with the school. To receive tuition credit, the Referring Family must ensure that the Prospective Family submits the Referral Form included in the New Student Application Packet.
- All new students must meet standard enrollment criteria.
- Tuition credits will be applied in October for students starting at the beginning of the school year. Credits for students starting through the end of December will be applied one month following the start date of the referred family. Tuition credit for students starting from January – May will be applied in October if the student remains enrolled at All Saints the following school year.
- Families who have paid their tuition in full at the time of their referral, and teachers and staff making referrals, will receive an incentive check equal to the amount of the tuition credit.
*Each All Saints family can be awarded up to two referrals per school year for a maximum of $400 in tuition credit. The Student Referral Incentive Program is subject to review and modification. Interpretation of program parameters will be at the discretion of the Principal.
What to do next:
ü Invite your family and friends to attend our January or February Open House so they can hear about our school and see it in action.
ü Complete and submit a New Student Referral Form: http://www.allsaintsvaschool.org/parents/new-student-referral-program/
ü Remind the families you invite to list your name on the Referral Form that will be included in their New Student Application Packet.
Tuition Assistance Applications for 2015-2016
Applications for Tuition Assistance for the 2015-2016 academic year are now available. Again this year the Diocese of Arlington has partnered with FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment Company. FACTS has established an on-line application process that can be initiated through the company website (http://online.factsmgt.com/signin/3Q327)
The due dates for applications and supporting documentation are as follows:
Elementary School March 16, 2015
NOTE: All families with children enrolled in both high school and elementary school will need to submit an application by the January high school deadline.
Please note that all applications and supporting documentation must be received by FACTS rather than postmarked by the dates listed above. Applications are not complete until FACTS has received all of the supporting documentation. Only those families who are verified by FACTS as having submitted all of the required supporting documentation will be eligible for diocesan tuition assistance.
Should you have any questions or concerns about the application process, please do not hesitate to contact a FACTS Customer Care Representative at 1-866-441-4637 or our school office.
Thursday, January 29th
– Student Appreciation Day (dress-down day, free ice cream & no homework) – rescheduled from Tuesday
Friday, January 30th
– School Mass & Virtues Ceremony (8:30 a.m.)
– Middle School Demerit Free Breakfast (9:30 a.m.)
– 2nd Quarter Report Cards sent home
– Noon Dismissal – Faculty/Staff Luncheon for Catholic Schools Week
– Spirit Event: Chick-fil-A (6:30 a.m. – 9:30 p.m.)
Saturday, January 31st
– First Reconciliation for 2nd Grade (10:00 a.m.)
Monday, February 2nd
– Spelling Bee (1:00 p.m.)
Tuesday, February 3rd
– Feast of St. Blaise – Blessing of Throats
– Picture Day – Teams, Clubs and Candids
– PTO Executive Board Meeting (7:00 p.m.)
Wednesday, February 4th
– Re-registration for 2015-2016 begins
– Gold Medal Readers Celebration (1:30 p.m.)
Friday, February 6th
– School Mass (8:30 a.m.)
– Race for Education Kick-off Assembly (11:30 a.m.)
– Noon Dismissal – DFE Meeting
– Spirit Event: Chick-fil-A (6:30 a.m. – 9:30 p.m.)
- Science Fair Winners: https://allsaintsvaschool.org/index/wp-content/plugins/download-monitor/download.php?id=2015-Science-Fair-Winners.pdf
- PVI Invitation for 8th Graders: https://allsaintsvaschool.org/index/wp-content/plugins/download-monitor/download.php?id=Student-Life-Close-Up-Night-Flyer-2015-1-26-15.pdf
- Chick-fil-A Flyer ~ January 2015: https://allsaintsvaschool.org/index/wp-content/uploads/downloads/2015/01/2015jan-Chick-Fil-A-with-info.pdf
- New Student Referral Program Form: New Student Referral Form.
- New Family Open House online registration form: All Saints Open House Registration
- Pilgrim Virtue Sign-Up – www.signupgenius.com/go/20F084CAEAB22A02-pilgrim