January 21, 2015
Next week All Saints will join with schools across our country in celebrating Catholic Schools Week, an annual opportunity to highlight our heritage and distinct mission. The theme selected for this year is Catholic Schools ~ Communities of Faith, Knowledge and Service.
At All Saints, this is exactly the type of community we cultivate each day. With a commitment to academic excellence and more importantly, faith formation & character development, the faculty, staff, clergy and parents are united in their efforts to provide our children with a life-changing educational experience. Next week we pause to give thanks for the gift of Catholic education and the many blessings we share as members of the All Saints community.
The following is a list of special activities planned for the weeklong celebration.
|Sunday, January 25th||Saturday/Sunday Mass ~ All students are asked to wear their school uniform to Mass this weekend. Students who have been selected from the Middle School will share a short reflection on the topic of what a Catholic school education has meant to them.|
|Monday, January 26th||Vocation Day ~ Deacon Thomas and China Briceno, Assistant Director of the Youth Ministry, will host a “Vocation Reflection Discernment” for students in grades five through eight and visit classrooms in grades one through four.|
|Tuesday, January 27th||Student Appreciation Day ~ Dress Down Day, Free Ice Cream at Lunch and No Homework.Band Concert at 2:00 p.m. for Students and 7:00 p.m. for Parents|
|Wednesday, January 28th||Priest Appreciation Day ~ Students will offer special prayers and spiritual bouquets for our parish priests.|
|Thursday, January 29th||Staff Appreciation Day ~ Teachers, Students & Room Liaisons will work together to show their appreciation for members of the staff.|
|Friday, January 30th||Teacher Appreciation Day ~ Students will make small gifts for their teachers.Faculty & Staff Luncheon, hosted by the PTO, following Noon Dismissal|
As we welcome back Mrs. Cote after her time of leave to care for her newborn baby, I would like to take a moment to thank Mrs. Feltman for her wonderful work as a long-term substitute in the kindergarten classroom. With great energy and enthusiasm she kept the children engaged and right on track in the learning process. Thank you, Mrs. Feltman, for your dedication to our program!
March for Life
Tomorrow the students of All Saints will join their prayers with the thousands who will gather in Washington, D.C. at the annual March for Life. As a school community we will pray for an increase in respect for the sanctity of life at all stages in our society. While children who wish to attend the March for Life with their parents or the Youth Ministry Program will be marked as absent, please know that this absence will not affect a child who otherwise would earn “Perfect Attendance” at the close of the year. If your child will be attending the March, please notify his or her teacher via a note by the end of the week.
Registration Schedule for 2015-2016
- Re-Registration for Current Families February 4-20, 2015
- Registration for New Students February 11-27, 2015
(Including siblings for Pre-K & K)
New Student Referral Program – Earn up to $400 in Tuition Credit!*
Many of our families initially hear about All Saints through a personal referral from an existing school family. With Open House events scheduled for Wednesday, January 14 and Thursday, February 12, we thought now would be the perfect time to remind you about our New Student Referral Program.
Through our New Student Referral Program, your family can receive a $200 tuition credit for referring one new family or a $400 tuition credit for referring two new families!
Here’s how it works:
- The New Student Referral Program is open to all parents or legal guardians with Pre-K through 8th grade students enrolled at All Saints, and teachers and staff from All Saints Catholic School.
- Tuition credit awards will be given for referring new families to the school. To qualify for the incentive, referred students cannot have a sibling currently or previously enrolled at All Saints, and the family cannot already be included in the All Saints Prospective Family Database.
- To qualify, referrals must be acknowledged during the initial contact with the school. To receive tuition credit, the Referring Family must ensure that the Prospective Family submits the Referral Form included in the New Student Application Packet.
- All new students must meet standard enrollment criteria.
- Tuition credits will be applied in October for students starting at the beginning of the school year. Credits for students starting through the end of December will be applied one month following the start date of the referred family. Tuition credit for students starting from January – May will be applied in October if the student remains enrolled at All Saints the following school year.
- Families who have paid their tuition in full at the time of their referral, and teachers and staff making referrals, will receive an incentive check equal to the amount of the tuition credit.
*Each All Saints family can be awarded up to two referrals per school year for a maximum of $400 in tuition credit. The Student Referral Incentive Program is subject to review and modification. Interpretation of program parameters will be at the discretion of the Principal.
What to do next:
ü Invite your family and friends to attend our January or February Open House so they can hear about our school and see it in action.
ü Complete and submit a New Student Referral Form: http://www.allsaintsvaschool.org/parents/new-student-referral-program/
ü Remind the families you invite to list your name on the Referral Form that will be included in their New Student Application Packet.
Tuition Assistance Applications for 2015-2016
Applications for Tuition Assistance for the 2015-2016 academic year are now available. Again this year the Diocese of Arlington has partnered with FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment Company. FACTS has established an on-line application process that can be initiated through the company website (http://online.factsmgt.com/signin/3Q327)
The due dates for applications and supporting documentation are as follows:
High School January 23, 2015
Elementary School March 16, 2015
NOTE: All families with children enrolled in both high school and elementary school will need to submit an application by the January high school deadline.
Please note that all applications and supporting documentation must be received by FACTS rather than postmarked by the dates listed above. Applications are not complete until FACTS has received all of the supporting documentation. Only those families who are verified by FACTS as having submitted all of the required supporting documentation will be eligible for diocesan tuition assistance.
Should you have any questions or concerns about the application process, please do not hesitate to contact a FACTS Customer Care Representative at 1-866-441-4637 or our school office.
Thursday, January 22nd
– March for Life
– Eucharistic Adoration & Benediction (2:15 p.m.)
– Parent Portal closes at 3:00 p.m. for Report Card Prep
Friday, January 23rd
– End of 2nd Quarter
– School Mass (8:30 a.m.)
– Noon Dismissal – DFE Meeting
– Catholic High School Application Deadline
– Tuition Assistance Application Deadline for Families with a Child in Catholic High School Next Year
– Spirit Event: Chick-fil-A (6:30 a.m. – 9:30 p.m.)
Sunday, January 25th
– Catholic Schools Week (see schedule above for details)
Tuesday, January 27th
– Student Appreciation Day: Dress Down Day, Free Ice Cream and No Homework (Note: No pretzel sales in cafeteria)
– Band Concert (PAC/2:00 p.m. & 7:00 p.m.)
Wednesday, January 28th
– Open House (PAC/9:00 a.m.) – rescheduled from January 14th
Friday, January 30th
– School Mass & Virtues Ceremony (8:30 a.m.)
– Middle School Demerit Free Breakfast (9:30 a.m.)
– 2nd Quarter Report Cards sent home
– Noon Dismissal – Faculty/Staff Luncheon for Catholic Schools Week
– Spirit Event: Chick-fil-A (6:30 a.m. – 9:30 p.m.)
Saturday, January 31st
– First Reconciliation for 2nd Grade (10:00 a.m.)
- Chick-fil-A Flyer ~ January 2015: https://allsaintsvaschool.org/index/wp-content/uploads/downloads/2015/01/2015jan-Chick-Fil-A-with-info.pdf
- School Directory 2014-2015 Addendum: https://allsaintsvaschool.org/index/wp-content/uploads/downloads/2015/01/14-15-Addendum.pdf
- Annual Fund Brochure: Annual Fund Brochure
- Diocesan Tuition Assistance Overview – https://allsaintsvaschool.org/index/wp-content/plugins/download-monitor/download.php?id=Diocesan-Tuition-Assistance-Overview-15-16.pdf
- Diocesan Tuition Assistance Overview – Spanish – https://allsaintsvaschool.org/index/wp-content/plugins/download-monitor/download.php?id=Diocesan-Tuition-Assistance-Overview-15-16-Spanish.pdf
- New Student Referral Program Form: New Student Referral Form.
- New Family Open House online registration form: All Saints Open House Registration
- Pilgrim Virtue Sign-Up – www.signupgenius.com/go/20F084CAEAB22A02-pilgrim