On Friday students in grades four through eight participated in the school-wide round of the National Geography Bee. Congratulations to our school champion, Kyle Da Re (6th grade), who has now completed a written assessment to determine whether he will qualify to advance to the state level competition. Congratulations to Emma Parker (8th grade) who won second place and to all of the students who represented their classes in this academic event.
Thank You from Joyce D’Eugenio & Family
Dear Fr. Lee, Fr. Bob, Fr. Melmer, Fr. Juan, Fr. Mauricio, All Saints Parish Staff, Funeral Ministry
Volunteers, Mr. Conroy, Mrs. Campagna, Faculty, Staff, Families and Students of All Saints Catholic School,
I will never be able to find the words to thank you all for the kindness you have shown to me and my family over the past year while Michael was sick and at the time of his passing. Your prayers and support lifted us up many times while he was going through his treatments. The kind words, hugs, cards, prayers, flowers, spiritual bouquets, offers of meals and of help were greatly appreciated.
I know that I am blessed to work in a place where I am not just an employee, but a member of a loving & caring spiritual family. It has been a very tough year, but I can rest knowing the Michael is no longer suffering from cancer and that he has been delivered into the hands of God. I look forward to seeing him again one day.
The funeral mass was so touching and beautiful beginning with the honor of having four priests, the support of the school faculty, staff, and students at the mass and ending with the students lining the exit from the church. After the burial, the Funeral Ministry went above and beyond to provide delicious food and fellowship to family and friends.
Thank you and God bless you all.
Joyce D’Eugenio & Family
March for Life
On Thursday, January 22nd the students of All Saints will join their prayers with the thousands who will gather in Washington, D.C. at the annual March for Life. As a school community we will pray for an increase in respect for the sanctity of life at all stages in our society. While children who wish to attend the March for Life with their parents or the Youth Ministry Program will be marked as absent, please know that this absence will not affect a child who otherwise would earn “Perfect Attendance” at the close of the year. If your child will be attending the March, please notify his or her teacher via a note by the end of the week.
There were some of our school families were not included in the School Directory 2014-2015 and would like their information be included in an addendum to the directory. The addendum to the directory is linked below.
Virtue Award Winners
Congratulations to the following students who were recognized on Friday for their demonstration of the Virtue of Generosity during the month of December.
Thomas McGrath (PK1)
Ike Cole (PK2)
Kassandra Onate (PK3)
Dominic Brown (K1)
Angel Grimaldo-Lopez (K2)
Aisling Reynolds (1A)
Gianna Starrs (1B)
Leslie Avila De La Trinidad (2A)
Haley Fifield (2B)
Alexander Iskenderoglu (3A)
David Grimaldo-Lopez (3B)
Lavish Ghori (4A)
Kevin Balagtas (4B)
Albert Hasbun (5A)
Ryan Hasbun (5B)
Jack Malone (6A)
Matthew Kleha (6B)
Nicholas Zervoudis (7A)
Victor Diaz (7B)
Hannah Pell (8A)
Carolina Vasquez (8B)
Box Tops Proceeds
Thanks to the continued efforts of many parents and students who regularly clip box tops, last week we received a check in the amount of $1,889.45. Thank you for your steadfast support of this program!
RUNNING WITH THE SAINTS 5K – MARCH 21st at 8:15 a.m.
Put those New Year’s Resolutions to good use by signing up for the Running With The Saints 5K! Easy on-line registration is now available at imathlete.com (just search for Running With The Saints). Paper registrations are being sent home as well. All age levels and abilities are welcome – walkers, joggers and jogger strollers, as well as competitive athletes! We will have great age group prizes and indoor waiting area in the PAC for before and after the race! SIGN UP TODAY! For questions or more information, please contact Joan Coleman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5K SPONSORS NEEDED! Help us provide a fantastic 5K experience for All Saints and the community – sponsor our race! Individual, small business and corporate sponsors are welcome! Several different levels of contribution are available! Please see the flyer being sent home today or check out the website – runningwiththesaints.org. Questions or more information, please contact Joan Coleman at email@example.com
5K T-SHIRT CONTEST! See your artwork on our Race shirt – design our t-shirt for this year’s Running With The Saints 5K. All Grades are invited to participate. Entries are due February 13th. Free ice cream card for anyone who submits an entry! 1st place gets their design on the t-shirts as well as a $20 gift card. 2nd place will receive a $10 gift card. Please see the flyer being sent home today for more information. Any questions, please contact Penny Starrs at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Science Fair Is Next Week
The All Saints School Science Fair is next Wednesday, January 21st in the Parish Activity Center. The Fair will be open to the Community for viewing from 5:30-6:30 pm that evening followed by the Formal Awards Presentation from 6:30-7:15 pm. Parents of Middle School students are cordially invited to attend the Awards Ceremony. Students attending should wear their Sunday best.
Science Fair Volunteers Needed Judges – We still need a few judges. If you love science and understand the scientific process, please consider being a judge. The PAC will open at 7:40 for judges to have breakfast and walk around to see the projects. Orientation starts at 8 am and judging begins shortly thereafter. Judging will finish about 2 pm. Come join us and see what mysteries of science our students have discovered. Projects are in the following categories: Astronomy, Behavioral and Social Sciences, Biochemistry, Botany, Chemistry, Computer Science, Earth Science, Engineering, Environmental Sciences, Mathematics, Microbiology, Physics, and Zoology.
Breakfast and Lunch Food Donations – Donations such as cream cheese, breakfast casseroles, apples, clementines, fruit juice, granola bars, side salads, fruit salad, desserts and utensils are needed. Food donations need to be dropped off on Tuesday, January 20th. See the link to the Sign Up Genius
Set Up committee – Volunteers are needed to help set up the Science Fair all day on Tuesday. A few volunteers for a few hours throughout the day would be helpful.
Runners – Two parents are needed to bring the students between their classes in the Middle School wing and the PAC from 8 am until 12:45 pm on the 21st. Knowledge of the Middle School classrooms and teachers is helpful for this duty.
Data Input – One more volunteer is needed to input the judges’ scores into excel spreadsheets on laptop computers from 8 am to 3 pm on the day of the fair to determine the winners.
Take Down Committee – Volunteers are needed on Thursday afternoon before carpool to return the PAC to its original state.
If you would like to help with this year’s Science Fair or have any questions, please contact Holly Crocker at email@example.com or (571) 991-0773.
High School News
John Paul Band and Choir Music Festival for Middle School Students
Saint John Paul the Great invites middle school students (grades 6, 7, and 8) to participate in their annual Middle School Band and Choir Music Festival on January 24. Late registrations are still being accepted! For more information, please visit:http://www.jpthegreat.org/admissions/visiting/special-middle-school-invitations/ or contact Music Diretor, Mrs. Kelly Kingett: Kelly.firstname.lastname@example.org. Free Music Festival t-shirt and lunch included with registration!
Registration Schedule for 2015-2016
- Re-Registration for Current Families February 4-20, 2015
- Registration for New Students February 11-27, 2015
(Including siblings for Pre-K & K)
New Student Referral Program – Earn up to $400 in Tuition Credit!*
Many of our families initially hear about All Saints through a personal referral from an existing school family. With Open House events scheduled for Wednesday, January 14 and Thursday, February 12, we thought now would be the perfect time to remind you about our New Student Referral Program.
Through our New Student Referral Program, your family can receive a $200 tuition credit for referring one new family or a $400 tuition credit for referring two new families!
Here’s how it works:
- The New Student Referral Program is open to all parents or legal guardians with Pre-K through 8th grade students enrolled at All Saints, and teachers and staff from All Saints Catholic School.
- Tuition credit awards will be given for referring new families to the school. To qualify for the incentive, referred students cannot have a sibling currently or previously enrolled at All Saints, and the family cannot already be included in the All Saints Prospective Family Database.
- To qualify, referrals must be acknowledged during the initial contact with the school. To receive tuition credit, the Referring Family must ensure that the Prospective Family submits the Referral Form included in the New Student Application Packet.
- All new students must meet standard enrollment criteria.
- Tuition credits will be applied in October for students starting at the beginning of the school year. Credits for students starting through the end of December will be applied one month following the start date of the referred family. Tuition credit for students starting from January – May will be applied in October if the student remains enrolled at All Saints the following school year.
- Families who have paid their tuition in full at the time of their referral, and teachers and staff making referrals, will receive an incentive check equal to the amount of the tuition credit.
*Each All Saints family can be awarded up to two referrals per school year for a maximum of $400 in tuition credit. The Student Referral Incentive Program is subject to review and modification. Interpretation of program parameters will be at the discretion of the Principal.
What to do next:
- Invite your family and friends to attend our January or February Open House so they can hear about our school and see it in action.
- Complete and submit a New Student Referral Form: http://www.allsaintsvaschool.org/parents/new-student-referral-program/
- Remind the families you invite to list your name on the Referral Form that will be included in their New Student Application Packet.
Annual Fund Update
Our Making a Difference, Every Day Annual Fund campaign is underway! We have been receiving gifts of prayer, involvement and financial support, but we are hoping to hear from more members of our school community. As we greet the New Year, we invite you to use this time to recommit to the school through your prayerful discernment and participation in the Annual Fund through gifts of prayer, involvement and financial participation.
- Remember, funds raised through the annual fund will be used for STEM programs and mobile technology.
- We are looking for strong participation (through gifts of prayer, involvement and financial commitment) from our teachers/staff and parent community. This will allow us to ask for support from the broader community with the knowledge that the initiative is receiving full support from within.
How Can You Participate?
- Complete a Participation Form – Annual Fund Brochure
- Donate Online – Please note that if you donate online, you will also have an opportunity to add a gift of prayer and/or involvement after submitting a financial gift.
Help All Saints continue Making a Difference, Every Day. Your gift – no matter the size – will help provide for our current students and secure the future of our school. For more information, please contact Janis DeVore at email@example.com or (703) 366-1645.
*Did you know that you can double or even triple your gift? Many employers offer a Matching Gift Program to maximize your gifts to charitable organizations. Check with your human resources department for details. It’s as simple as enclosing a form from your employer along with your donation. We will do the rest!
Tuition Assistance Applications for 2015-2016
Applications for Tuition Assistance for the 2015-2016 academic year are now available. Again this year the Diocese of Arlington has partnered with FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment Company. FACTS has established an on-line application process that can be initiated through the company website (http://online.factsmgt.com/signin/3Q327)
The due dates for applications and supporting documentation are as follows:
High School January 23, 2015
Elementary School March 16, 2015
NOTE: All families with children enrolled in both high school and elementary school will need to submit an application by the January high school deadline.
Please note that all applications and supporting documentation must be received by FACTS rather than postmarked by the dates listed above. Applications are not complete until FACTS has received all of the supporting documentation. Only those families who are verified by FACTS as having submitted all of the required supporting documentation will be eligible for diocesan tuition assistance.
Should you have any questions or concerns about the application process, please do not hesitate to contact a FACTS Customer Care Representative at 1-866-441-4637 or our school office.
Thursday, January 15th
– 7th-8th Grade Field Trip to Shakespeare Theater (7:00 – 2:30)
– Enrollment Management Team Meeting (7:00 p.m.)
Friday, January 16th
– Holiday – Diocesan Professional Development Day
Monday, January 19th
– Holiday – Martin Luther King, Jr. Birthday
Wednesday, January 21st
– Middle School Science Fair
Thursday, January 22nd
– March for Life
– Eucharistic Adoration & Benediction (2:15 p.m.)
Friday, January 23rd
– End of 2nd Quarter
– School Mass (8:30 a.m.)
– Noon Dismissal – DFE Meeting
– Catholic High School Application Deadline
– Tuition Assistance Application Deadline for Families with a Child in Catholic High School Next Year
– Spirit Event: Chick-fil-A (6:30 a.m. – 9:30 p.m.)
- School Directory 2014-2015 Addendum: https://allsaintsvaschool.org/index/wp-content/uploads/downloads/2015/01/14-15-Addendum.pdf
- Annual Fund Brochure: Annual Fund Brochure
- Diocesan Tuition Assistance Overview – https://allsaintsvaschool.org/index/wp-content/plugins/download-monitor/download.php?id=Diocesan-Tuition-Assistance-Overview-15-16.pdf
- Diocesan Tuition Assistance Overview – Spanish – https://allsaintsvaschool.org/index/wp-content/plugins/download-monitor/download.php?id=Diocesan-Tuition-Assistance-Overview-15-16-Spanish.pdf
- New Student Referral Program Form: New Student Referral Form.
- New Family Open House online registration form: All Saints Open House Registration
- Pilgrim Virtue Sign-Up – www.signupgenius.com/go/20F084CAEAB22A02-pilgrim