The All Saints school band was founded over 30 years ago by its current director Mr. Barry Ward. Students in grades 4-8 may elect to join the band and receive instrumental lessons during the school day and after school on Tuesday afternoons. All Saints offers both a beginner band and advanced band. Due to the associated costs, there are additional fees to participate in band.
Beginning band members select between the clarinet, drum, flute, saxophone, trombone and trumpet. Additional larger-scale instruments are added in the Advanced Band. Members of the advanced band typically have at least one year of instruction.
Band Shirt Exchange Program
The All Saints Band Shirt Exchange Program helps reduce costs for parents and encourages recyling. The exchange program works as follows:
- Anyone can donate a band shirt in good condition. (Clean, no stains, tears, missing buttons, etc.) These are the band shirts with logos, not the white uniform shirts worn by some Beginning Band members.
- Families can trade one band shirt for another one.
- If a student wants a band shirt and does not have a shirt to trade, they may purchase one for $5. (Most of these shirts are only worn a few times before they are outgrown, unlike the daily school uniforms which are worn on a daily basis before they are outgrown. Therefore, in theory, most will be in better condition than the daily uniforms.)
- All proceeds will go towards the band trip. Every little bit helps!
- New band shirts will still be ordered at the beginning of each school year.