As part of the diocesan initiative to maintain a safe environment for all of our children, all volunteers with significant contact with children are required to complete a background check prior to working in the school.
In accordance with diocesan policy, only those parents who have completed the criminal background check are eligible to volunteer in positions that involve contact with students. Those who will be volunteering in All Saints Catholic School on a regular basis or even repeatedly are required to complete the background check. Those who have not yet completed the background check process are invited to request a packet of forms from the school or parish office.
An additional component of the safe environment program established by the Diocese of Arlington is mandatory training for volunteers on the topic of child abuse prevention. If you have not previously attended Virtus training, you must attend a 4-hour full Virtus training session.
For a list of upcoming training dates, please see the Virtus Online website. All volunteers who have not previously attended Virtus training are asked to register on-line at www.virtus.org to receive credit for attending this upcoming session.
Annual Virtus Update Training
The diocese also requires volunteers who have completed the 4-hour training to attend an annual update entitled Keeping the Promise Alive. This 30 minute video training is a prerequisite for volunteering in the school. Below is a list of the 30 minute video training dates. For planning purposes, volunteers are asked to confirm their intent to attend a session on the voicemail of Mrs. Janet Smith at 703.393.2158.
- Thursday, September 17 – Meeting room 2 – 7:00PM
- Tuesday, September 22 – Meeting room 1 – 7:00PM
- Thursday, September 24 – CANCELED
- Tuesday, September 29 – Meeting room 1 – 7:00PM
- Thursday, October 1 – Meeting room 2 – 2:15PM
- Tuesday, October 13 – Meeting Room 2 – 7:00PM
- Tuesday, October 27 – Meeting room 1 – 7:00PM
- Tuesday, November 10 – Meeting room 1 – 7:00PM
- Tuesday, December 1 – Meeting Room 1 – 7:00PM
- Tuesday, January 12 – Meeting Room 1 – 7:00PM
- Tuesday, February 9 – Meeting Room 1 – 7:00PM
Thursday, February 11 – Meeting Room 2 – 2:15PM
- Tuesday, March 15 – Meeting Room 1 – 7:00PM
- Tuesday, April 12 – Meeting Room 1 – 7:00PM
- Tuesday, May 10 – Meeting Room 2 – 7:00PM