WHAT IS THE PROGRAM?
The Diocesan Tuition Grant Program is intended to provide assistance to families seeking a Catholic education in the Arlington diocesan schools. It is open to all qualified students whose parents might not otherwise be able to pay the full cost of tuition. The program receives approximately $2.3 million annually from the parishes in the Diocese and from the Rooted in Faith~Forward in Hope endowment.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
The Diocesan Tuition Grant Program eligibility requires that students in grades Kindergarten through grade 12 (Pre-K families, please see “Important Notes” below) fulfill all of the following criteria:
- Student attends or is accepted by a Diocesan Catholic school (Students of private Catholic schools associated with the Diocese are not eligible)
- Student is a Catholic, member of a parish in the Diocese of Arlington or a military base parish
- Family resides within the boundaries of the Diocese of Arlington
- Family is a registered and active member of a parish in the Diocese of Arlington or a military base parish
HOW TO APPLY FOR TUITION ASSISTANCE?
The Diocese of Arlington utilizes FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment to review applications for tuition assistance and provide recommendations to school and parish administration. Please note that FACTS requires that families submit online applications through the following website: https://online.factsmgt.com/signin/3Q327.
The school code for All Saints Catholic School will be available shortly.
Due dates for submission of applications and supporting documentation are as follows:
- High School – January 23, 2017
- Elementary School – March 17, 2017
- All families with children enrolled in both high school and elementary school will need to submit the application by the January high school deadline.
- Diocesan Tuition Grant Program awards are made for one academic year. Returning students families must complete a new application for each year that the students enroll.
- All applications and supporting documentation must be received by FACTS by the deadlines listed above to be considered. Only complete applications will be considered. Late applications will be handled as they arrive and as funds allow.
- Families interested in applying for Tuition Assistance for the Pre-Kindergarten program are also invited to complete the FACTS process. Although pre-kindergarten students are not eligible for financial assistance through the diocese, the analysis provided by FACTS will guide the process for determining disbursements from funding through our school and parish.
HOW MUCH IS AWARDED?
Awards are made for one academic year and are based on each family’s demonstrated financial need.
Individual schools make the determination on the amount and distribution of all awards for each academic year. The schools will contact families when award decisions have been made. Once these final award decisions have been made, the Office of Catholic Schools directs the funds from the Diocesan Tuition Grant Program to the schools for credit to the tuition accounts of approved families.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Contact Mary Manilla-Smith at 703.841.2551 or firstname.lastname@example.org.