Just as we thought we were going to move right into spring without even a hint of winter, a late in the season storm surprised us all. It would seem that the prayers of the students (and teachers!) were answered. I do hope that everyone enjoyed the unexpected holiday and that it was a time of rest and relaxation for your family.
At the close of this month, when any potential for additional inclement weather has passed, we will finalize the calendar for the end of the year. Look for these details pertaining to graduation and other end of the year ceremonies in the March 29th newsletter.
(Thank you, Mr. Andre and the Facilities Staff, for working diligently to clear the parking lots, sidewalks and courtyard so thoroughly for the reopening of school. Job well done!)
Pre-Kindergarten Openings for 2017-2018
Openings are still available in the half day classes of the Pre-Kindergarten Program for the 2017-2018 school year. This is a great opportunity for families in our community who may be hoping to send their child to All Saints but have heard that openings are limited due to high demand. Please invite families who may be interested in the Pre-Kindergarten program to contact Mrs. Joyce D’Eugenio at (703) 393-1490 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Remember, current parents who refer families into our program may earn up to $400.00 in tuition credit per year through our New Student Referral Program!
HIGH SCHOOL NEWS
Spring Open House at JP the Great
The Spring Open House at John Paul is primarily hosted for grade school children who would like to preview high school, but all are welcome! Join us Thursday, March 16, 2017 from 4 – 6pm. Presentation begins at 4:15pm. Gift with pre-registration! Please click here to register!
Lenten Holy Hours – Fr. Noah
Father Noah will lead a Holy Hour for Men on Monday, March 20th (Solemnity of St. Joseph) at 8:00 p.m. and for women on Tuesday, April 4 at 8 p.m. Both will take place at All Saints Church and will include a brief reflection, rosary, time for silent prayer, and benediction.
Come be refreshed by the Lord through prayer during this Lenten season!
NJHS Easter Food Collection
In conjunction with the Lenten Rice Bowl initiative, All Saints Catholic School families are invited to participate in a food drive to assist the Bethany Food Pantry in providing an Easter meal for less fortunate families in our community.
During each week of Lent, grade levels are invited to donate items as listed below. The students of the National Junior Honor Society will then package meals on Holy Thursday and they will be distributed by the food pantry staff on Good Friday.
Thursday, March 16th
- NJHS sponsored St. Patrick’s Dress Down Day ($1.00)
- 60th Anniversary Planning Committee Meeting (2:00 p.m.)
- Stations of the Cross – Grades 3-5 (2:15 p.m.)
Friday, March 17th
- School Mass – St. Patrick’s Day (8:30 a.m.)
- Deadline: FACTS Tuition Assistance Applications
Saturday, March 18th
- Catholic High School Registration
- PTO Bingo (Knights’ Hall/5:00-8:00 p.m.)
Monday, March 20th
- Lenten Penance Service – Grades 3-5 (10:00 a.m.)
Tuesday, March 21st
- State-wide Tornado Drill (9:45 a.m.)
Wednesday, March 22nd
- PTO Helping Hands (PAC/8:15-11:15 a.m.)
Thursday, March 23rd
- Stations of the Cross – Grades 6-8 (2:15 p.m.)
- VIRTUS Training (FKH/6:30 p.m.)
- Title I Workshop (St. Michael School/6:30 – 8:30 p.m.)
- Enrollment Management Team Meeting (PLC/7:00 p.m.)
Friday, March 24th
- School Mass (8:30 a.m.)
- 8th Grade Confirmation Retreat
- Spirit Event: Captain Pell’s (2:00-10:00 p.m.)
Saturday, March 25th
- 5th Annual Running with the Saints 5K (8:15 a.m.)
- Spirit Event – Captain Pell’s 03-24-17
- NESI Title I “Reading Magic” Flyer
- Yearbook Order Form
- FACTS Financial Aid APPLICATION
- FACTS Financial Aid Information Flyer 2017-18
- 2017 Running with the Saints 5K – Flyer, Registration & Sponsorship Forms
- Pilgrim Virgin Statue: http://www.